Start Today – WES’ Punk Rock and Hip Hop Speaker and Concert Series
The Workers’ Education Society has hosted a total of five Punk Rock and Hip Hop concerts with a DIT (Do-It-Together) ethic. Each concert features progressive musical acts with a message, and spoken word from community leaders in Racial Justice, the Labor Movement, Womens’ Rights, and LGBTQIA Empowerment.
The all proceeds from the concerts go to fund training and services for local non-profits and other beneficiaries.
The Start Today concerts hosted to date are:
- Fight for Ferguson – Hardcore Punk for Racial Justice
- Berned in STL – A Benefit for Democratic Socialism
- Stand with a Pulse – STL Stands with the Victims of Pulse
- Too Punk to Trump – We Say “NO” to Hateful Politics
- Grrrls to the Front – Punk and Hip Hop for Womens’ Health
- Punk Rock Revolution – Halloween Party
- We Came to Fight – A Benefit for SEIU Strikers
Join us for our next concert!
As the brave striking Christian Care Nursing Home workers enter their third month on the picket line, community support is as strong as ever. Nearly 100 community members gathered at the St. Louis Workers Education Society Saturday, Feb 24 for the “We...
WES hosted a Punk Rock Halloween party in late October. We believe that the spirit of punk rock is revolutionary - accessible to everyone, counter cultural, radically accepting, and featuring pro-person politics. WES leader Lizzy Thorn, a trans musician, performed and...
On July 16th, the St. Louis Workers’ Education Society (WES), partnering with Saint Louis Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC), hosted a DIY (do-it-yourself) benefit concert in support of the Orlando LGBTQ community. The concert was in observance of the horrific...