The St. Louis Workers’ Education Society building, a beautiful, historic community center located in south St. Louis City, comprises over 10,000 square-foot of office and meeting space.
Originally built in 1913, the Society’s headquarters has been a part of the American labor movement since at least the 1940’s and 1950’s when the Stove Mounters’ International Union of North America and then in the 1960’s the International Union of Operating Engineers’ occupied the property. The Workers’ Education Society purchased the property from the Operating Engineers’ Local 148 in late August 2014.
We have single and double office space for rent at below market value, especially to community-labor organizations who share our mission; as a non-profit community organization, we are not looking to make a profit – only to break-even. We also rent our main hall, which can easily house 50 people, and smaller conference rooms for one-time and/or reoccurring events on a sliding scale basis.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a showing.