Rally for Guaranteed Healthcare
Around 100 activists gathered outside Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Saturday, April 8, 2017, calling for a U.S. single-payer (universal) healthcare system. The “Guaranteed Healthcare Rally” was organized by a labor-backed coalition, including the St. Louis Workers Education Society in partnership with: Physicians for a National Healthcare Program, Missourians for Single-Payer Healthcare, local labor unions, and community partners.
The protest was part of a national day of action taking place in over 30 cities.
Holding signs that read “Honk 4 Healthcare” and “Everyone in! Nobody out!” activists received much support from drivers and weekenders taking advantage of the morning’s warm sunshine.
Rally co-sponsors included:
– The St. Louis Central Labor Council
– Painters’ District Council 58
– The Coalition for Truth in Independence (CTI)
– Physicians for a National Healthcare Program (PNHP)
– The Coalition of Labor Union Women (CLUW)
– The Service Employees International Union-Health Care
– People for Progress
– Missourians for Single Payer Healthcare
– St. Louis Jobs with Justice
Join us for the next fight!